When we got to the pool, she went right in. She kicked for the instructor, and was about to blow bubbles when she started crying for about the next 25 minutes. I got in a little bit with her, and the instructor and I made sooooo many attempts to get her back in the water, but she refused. I even had my camera ready to take some super cute swimming pictures, but she wasn't having that today! It's totally hard knowing when to encourage her to take risks and when to be sensitive and just hold her. However, she says that she's really excited about going back tomorrow, so we're going to try again (I can't be sure if she actually wants to swim or if she just wants another popsicle at the end of class). She even says she wants to swim on her tummy and her back, so we did a little practicing in the bathtub earlier. Tomorrow I'm going to wear my suit in case I need to get in and assist. I'm also going to take Jenna's advice and take her favorite toy (I meant to do that today, but completely forgot). So her favorite "my little pony" is going to get a swimming lesson, too.
Hopefully tomorrow goes better so those cute swim diapers aren't just for show!!

That might be the trick!! I love her swim diapers!! We just got Kouper's new one in the mail... his crocodile is going to Kylar! :)
ReplyDelete