Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!




The transition from dada, to daddy, to dad, to father is one that I know well.  I had my dad wrapped around my finger starting at a very early age, and throughout the years he embodied each of these fatherly words.  He was dada when I was a baby and was just learning who he was.  He was daddy when he played with me outside and took me to get ice cream.  He was dad when he taught me lessons and disciplined me.  Now I call him a father, which encompasses all of these words and includes the lessons he's still teaching me on how to be a good parent.
When it comes to dads, I pretty much feel like the luckiest girl in the world.  I have such a wonderful father, father-in-law, and husband.





Kate is so lucky to have all these great role models in her life.  Brandon is such a hands-on dad, he's always involved in whatever Kate is doing.  He even took off one day last week so that he could see her at swimming lessons.  He never hesitates to ask me if I need "time off" and lets me go out for the evening (even if it is just to the store!) while he puts her to bed.  I know it kills him to have to go to work and miss out on so much of what Kate's doing, but he does it selflessly and without ever complaining.  There is no way I could stay home with Kate without his support.  So, even though my dad will always be my first hero, the first person I knew as dada, daddy, dad and father, I am also beginning to know Brandon is all of these roles as well.  

Take some time today to wish all those dads a Happy Father's Day!!  (now I have to go give Brandon his homemade gifts and a breakfast taco!)








Even with a broken arm he's a good dad, although he did get out of changing a lot of diapers!

2 comments: