Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Future Baker

Kate is very into helping out around the kitchen.  If I forget to bring her stool into the kitchen so that she can stand on it and see everything I do, she will stand by my feet screaming "watch mommy, watch mommy!"  She also likes to stand by the sink when I wash dishes or load the dishwasher.  She's quite the little helper.  This morning I had to bake a cake to take to church tonight.  While I was getting all of the ingredients out for the cake, I thought she might like to make a cake of her own, since she has her own kitchen and all.  I gave her some flour and water in one of her bowls because I remember my mom doing that for me when I was little and I loved it.  Well, apparently I was a little bit older when I did it because I always knew it was just for play.  This is what I saw when I turned around to see what Kate was doing

She had stirred her flour and water together, spilled most of it, eaten some of it, and was scooping it up off of the floor back into the bowl.  I went to check on her because I kept hearing her say, "yuck, yuck, yuck."  I think I would have the same reaction if I had just eaten flour mixed with water.  It was pretty hilarious and really hard to clean up, but I think that most of the best things in life are pretty hard to clean up!  I certainly did not clean it up right away, we played with it for about the next hour, making it into shapes and other fun things.  I did, however, put a stop to eating it, I had to draw the line somewhere!
Please ignore the fact that Kate's hair has not been brushed, she's still in her pajamas (despite it being almost lunch time), and she doesn't have on any pants (she thinks this is one of the best things about potty training).

~Molly

2 comments:

  1. that is too funny....and sounds like so much fun!! When I was younger my parents put my play kitchen on the back porch and I got to put REAL water in all my pots and pans....sooo much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kouper would love to bake with Kate! :) He always goes straight for the kitchen in the church nursery! Can't wait until they can REALLY cook for us! LOL

    ReplyDelete