Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Word-full Wednesday

I have a fun story for my blog today.  I woke up this morning and noticed that when I brushed my teeth my water pressure was very low.  I called Brandon at work, and he said he hadn't noticed it being low when he took a shower earlier.  So I called our water supplier, and they sent a technician to our house to check things out.  He only looks at the meter for a few minutes, then inspects the area around it, and says that our pipe has busted.  This is lovely news to start my day.  Now I've been on the phone with countless plumbers, and hopefully someone will come to the house this afternoon to fix it (fingers crossed), and I hope it doesn't deplete our entire savings...yikes!
As if this weren't enough, Monday night when Brandon was on his way home from a Knights of Columbus meeting, he swerved in order to avoid hitting a dog.  We don't live in town, and our roads are really really dark, but I was still glad to hear that he missed the dog, of course.  The next day when he was driving to work, he noticed that his "low tire" warning came on in his car.  He stopped later in the afternoon, and had to get a new tire because he ran over a sharp metal object, and we think he did this on our road!  
It seems like since we've moved into this house we've had one bad thing after another happen!  I feel like we live in Amityville....except not quite as scary (most days).  
Well, now that I've bummed myself out with this post, I'll say that everything else is going really well.  Kate's growing and thriving.  She's become quite the puzzle expert.  She loves putting puzzles together, so I bought a few harder ones (jigsaw) at the store just to see if she liked them.  I figured if they frustrated her too much, I'd just put them away for later.  It turns out that she loves them!  I think every little kid is good at different things, and I have finally found a hidden talent.  Here's a picture of Kate and her new favorite hobby.


3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the bad luck!! Hopefully Mr. or Mrs. Plumber will have you guys back in business soon! YAY for Kate's talent, that's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, is your house still for sale? What a mess.

    That is so cool that Kate loves puzzles!! I always seem to forget how much fun they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog! So excited! It was good to see you earlier this month. You look GREAT, and Kate is so cute. Sorry to hear about your string of bad luck. It can only get better, right? :)

    ReplyDelete