Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tis The Season

I love a good Christmas party, and this is definitely the season for them!  Saturday we had a play-group Christmas party, Monday we had a library craft Christmas party, and today we had a different play-group Christmas party.  I still haven't had my fill, there are more to come!


Last year, Kate's first Christmas, I never took her to sit on Santa's lap.  I know, I know, I'm a horrible mother!  However, I always see kids and babies screaming and crying when they see Santa.  I can remember being afraid of Santa when I was little, he just seemed so much less scary on TV than in real life.  So I figured that I'd introduce Kate to Santa when she was old enough to either walk up to him, or run back to me, her choice.  At our Christmas party on Saturday, Santa came without any of the parents knowing, so I figured that I might as well see how Kate reacted.  All of the other kids ran to their parents in fear, and Kate walked right up to Santa and started petting his beard (really strange, I know).  She also gave him her goldfish crackers, which is pretty much her most prized possession, so she must have thought pretty highly of him.  I think the whole not forcing Santa thing worked, so everyone will be happy to know that from now on, Kate will have her picture taken with Santa.  I have a couple of cute pictures of her on his lap, but I left my camera in Brandon's car, so I will post them later.  Until then, here is a picture of all the kids at the party that I received via email.  Enjoy!  (Kate's in the middle, in case ya didn't know)

No comments:

Post a Comment