Friday, January 15, 2010

Kate's Two!!

Today is Kate's second birthday, I still remember how naive I was two years ago!  I'll never forget one of Kate's early doctor's appointments (either 2 weeks or 6 weeks), I walked in and said "she doesn't sleep, is that normal?"  The doctor laughed, he asked me if I read books about babies while I was pregnant.  I told him that I read books about being pregnant while I was pregnant, not books about babies!  Man was I unprepared!  Anyway, I think Kate's a pretty happy, well adjusted kiddo, and we couldn't love our two-year-old anymore than we do.

So far, I think Kate has enjoyed her second birthday.  We've been practicing blowing out candles for her party tomorrow, and she's prepared to say "thank you" to all of her guests.  I made her favorite breakfast, blueberry muffins (which she calls "blue muffs"), and she preceded to eat them for breakfast and lunch.  I told her that birthday girls can do anything :-).  She did have a doctors appointment this morning, which made for a no-so-fun birthday present.  She got two shots, but got over them quickly.  She also helped me make her cakes and frosting for her party, she loved to pour the sugar (minus the first time, when she accidentally poured it backwards over her head) and stir.  Here are some pictures from her big day!  Enjoy.




 pretending to put on my chapstick!


 showing off her chapstick


  Drinking the leftover buttermilk.  Don't ask, she could drink buttermilk all day, it's her beverage of choice....strange girl!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a cutie! Happy birthday Kate!

    I totally know what you mean about not reading books about babies. I read prego books, not baby books. Our baby doesn't like to sleep either. He loves to cry if we're not rocking or walking.

    ReplyDelete