Wednesday, November 11, 2009

For Sale....again

That's right, we're moving...again. We moved out of town to get away from noise, hustle and bustle, traffic, and for Brandon to be a little bit closer to his job than our previous house. Now we're trying to get away again. This time, we're trying to get away from the rattlesnakes, the two roads that intersect near our house with heavy traffic (people who drive in the country drive FAST), and having to drive forever to get anywhere.It might sound petty, but I believe that this girl


should get to play outside.  Most of my memories from childhood were spent outside, and I want the same for Kate.  Every time we go outside, she wants to run straight for the mailbox, never mind that the mailbox is located on a street that 70 mph is considered slow!  We cannot take our eyes off of her for one second outside because of the many dangers lurking in our area.  I also think that these dogs













need a place to run until they crash, which is most definitely their nature!  We have killed over 10 rattlesnakes since we've lived here (plus our cat killed one), and this city girl has had enough!  Sadie and Scout have both gotten bit, and poor Sadie was bit again just a few weeks ago.  We lost one cat to a rattlesnake early in the summer, and another one of our cats was recently bit, but we never found the snake.  All of this, not to mention that this girl (never mind that I chose an old picture of myself with a nice tan)













really wants a place to run that is not always a treadmill!  I have no safe place to run at my own house.  Maybe some people don't understand why we want to move again, but I really feel as if we have a few reasons to justify our decision.  A nice neighborhood with other running, playing, dirty-faced kids and other people walking their dogs in the evenings sounds heavenly to me.  I couldn't care less about granite and nice tile, just give me some peace of mind!!
~Molly

1 comment:

  1. If you guys like moving so much, it would probably just be easier if you started a moving company. ;) Just kidding!! You had me at the FIRST snake....over 10?!!?! I would so be out of there too!!

    ReplyDelete