Friday, September 25, 2009

Let's Play Dress-up

I have this friend who shall remain nameless (you know who you are) who left me this message on my voicemail (it’s paraphrased, sorry if I don’t get it word-for-word), “I hope you’re happy with this weather, I hate it, I’m ready for summer!” I had to smile a little because if you know me, you know I live for cold weather and everything that goes with it. I love turning on the heater during cold nights, making hot chocolate, wearing sweaters and gloves, and, best of all, Christmas music. I listen to Christmas music all year long thanks to the nameless friend who happens to be very good at burning Christmas music CD’s. Needless to say, when we had a little taste of fall this past week I was practically giddy, and I’ve been in a fabulous mood ever since the change in weather. It may be 100 degrees next week, but I’m going to enjoy fall while it’s here.

Fall is not without its challenges. The biggest (and I think only) one is that my dogs, who become very lazy during the hot summer, suddenly spring to life in the fall. This pretty much means one thing: digging. They are unstoppable! From sun-up to after sun-down, they are out in the backyard digging and running as fast as they can. So pretty much everyday during Kate’s afternoon nap, I make my way out to the backyard with my shovel to cover up the holes so that my husband doesn’t break his leg when he mows. However, filling in the holes is so much easier in the nice weather! I’ll take this one little setback if it means no more record breaking hot days.

In other news, Kate’s been into putting on shoes lately. She doesn’t seem to have a particular shoe preference, it’s any kind, color, and style. It’s too cute to walk into my room and see her attempting to step into my shoes. I don’t know if it’s any indication of the future, but we may be forking over a lot of money to support that habit! Here are a few pictures.

~Molly

2 comments:

  1. I loved the fall weather while it lasted too! I'm ready for more of it.
    The boots are my favorite... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall too....and sure am ready for the coolness again! :)

    ReplyDelete